for Digital Negatives
curve creation and linearization tools
for Epson UltraChrome K3 negatives
These new self-contained QuadToneRIP inkjet negative tools allow for easy linearization and remove the need for any manual calculations. Just find the needed blocking density and linearize with the built-in correction curve tools.
Native macOS application Now Available!
Windows users can still purchase
the Excel-based tools below
Premade Curves for Digital Negatives
The pre-made quad curves are designed for common platinum/palladium printing systems. These curves do not require any manual calculation or the need to compile QTR-curves from ink descriptor files.
The shape of the pre-made starter curves are designed for easy linearization and the flexibility for use with different processes.
* The native macOS application has prebuilt starter curve settings for all the supported printers for platinum/palladium and carbon transfer negatives, with more to be added in the future.
controls for extra UV blocking Density
Start with the default ink levels for common platinum/palladium systems or use the simple tools for finding and setting your needed blocking density.
The total blocking density needed can be found with one additional step using a special blocking density quad curve and calibration image. The increased overlap of the Light Black and the five color inks ensure clear highlights without excessive ink loads.
The macOS application has additional controls for fine-tuning the starter curve ink levels in the highlights, midtones, and shadows prior to linearization.
Simple Biult-in Linearization tools
Linearization is done with a standard 21-step target (21 or 51-step targets for the macOS application).
The behind the scenes smoothing and linearization functions shift the final quad curves to the needed levels for perfectly smooth prints.
The stand-alone linearization system allows you to reshape and preview the final quad curves without any additional need for the standard QuadToneRIP tools.
Easily export the linearized curves with a single button and get on with the real printing.
- Native macOS version requires macOS 10.11 (El Capitan) or later
- Excel-based system is Windows and macOS compatible
- QuadToneRIP for the print driver for either macOS or Windows
- Microsoft Excel 2011+ (macOS requires Excel 14.1)
- Epson Printer with UltraChromeK3 inks (StylusPro or SureColor series 8 or 10 ink printers)
- Way of measuring the printed targets (Scanner and Photoshop, i1 Pro, SpyderPrint, ColorMunki, or manual reflective densitometer)
- Inkjet receptive transparency material